Thursday, November 27, 2014

Penguins of Madagascar #2

Antarctica was quite a challenge. Here are some of my early designs of the set. I also did some effect design explorations for the glacier crumble effect when the DreamWorks logo gets revealed in the opening sequence. I created the effect using photoshop and after effects. The last image is a 3D model I created that I passed along to previz and modeling. I was happy to see that the down shot to the whaling ship was very close to the final version you can see in the movie.

3 comments:

Ivan Lugomer said...

Absolutely amazing stuff. Always inspiring to see your work ♥

SWATI DAS said...

this is really amazing

danja1306 said...

Outstanding! So at first there was some kind of Penguins City? How interesting! Also i really like the logo idea and think this opening is one of the most pretty among the other Dreamoworks ones/